FIXING OUR BROKEN ECONOMY
New York’s job recovery is ranked 49th in the nation. That is no accident or coincidence. Albany politicians continue to raise taxes and push wasteful spending while families struggle to survive.
The way to fund important programs is to get rid of wasteful spending. Throwing money around as if we have an endless supply has devastated our state economy. We need to empower job creation by becoming more competitive and efficient. Companies who create good paying jobs should not be treated as pariahs.
- Agencies who can’t keep track of where their money is spent should be audited. We need to reintroduce accountability to the government.
- I will introduce a financial recovery program with tax cuts for small businesses and companies who create new jobs.
- We need to make sure we keep our existing businesses and attract new companies.
- We need to make sure that individuals and families are keeping more of the money that they earn and are taking it home instead of surrendering more of it to the government.
- Protecting the Big bloated bureaucracy must be shelved, it’s time to protect New Yorkers so that we can prosper.